Tuesday, June 2, 2015

In my garden.

My garden is on my balcony. I always had something growing in containers, I think I tried to grow everything possible with lots of successes but I also failed with some plants. I love sweet peas yet it will not grow on my balcony, it always gets bugs and after they are done with the peas they move on to other plants. Last year I had some beans but they were eaten by my cat. I tried corn, sunflowers and carrots and all those didn't work, but there is so many plants that grow like crazy  for example lettuce, green onion and herbs. I have them every year and can't eat fast enough.  With herbs its easier because I dry them, freeze them and make basil pesto. This year my husband build me two big containers so my garden did expend and it is safe from my cat. He also made me very nice wall contraptions with old wood and food cans. This year I have: lettuce, kale, swiss chart, beets, bok choy, red peppers, radish, cucumbers, red and yellow cherry tomatoes, green onion, potato, chives, basil, parsley, thyme, oregano, rosemary, sage and strawberry. I would love to have a house with big garden so I could plant things like fruit trees and raspberries but I am very happy with what I have and this where the simplicity comes to play. Just because you live in an apartment doesn't mean you can't grow your food.













No comments:

Post a Comment