Monday, June 29, 2015

Scones.

I love baking and cooking. I have days when I wake up early in the morning just to make some scones for breakfast and today was one of those days. I have a recipe that I use all the time just add different dry fruit.

Buttermilk Scones.
- 2 1/4 cup all -purpose flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup dry fruit (blueberries, currants, cranberries)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten

In large bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Using pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs, (I use my hands). Stir in dry fruit, add buttermilk all at once, stirring with fork to make soft, slightly sticky dough. With floured hands press dough into ball, gently pat it into 2 cm thick round. Cut out scones with round cookie cutter or cut with knife to make triangles. brush tops with the egg, bake on parchment paper in 425 F(220 C) oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Transfer to racks and let cool.



 Delicious with home made strawberry jam.



With everything that I do I think of ways to not spend money on unnecessary things. This way I save space in my drawers and money, like the pastry blender. You could use two knives but I prefer my hands maybe it takes more time but its simpler.

No comments:

Post a Comment