Monday, August 31, 2015

Salad.

Yesterday I made a salad that I make often, its something that I remember from my childhood. My mom would make this at special times like birthdays, name days and Easter. 

You will need:
- can of corn
- can of peas with carrots
- 1 pickle
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 4 medium boiled potatoes
- 1 small onion
- mayo
- mustard
- sour cream
- salt and pepper





Dice the pickle, potatoes, egg whites and onion. Pour boiling water over the onion, that will soften it and reduce strong smell. Drain the cans and mix everything in a bowl, add salt and pepper.


Now the dressing, press the egg yolks thru metal sieve.


Add: 
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 2 tbsp sour cream 
And mix it well.


Pour over the salad and mix it, transfer to a box and put in the fridge for 1 hour. 
Stays fresh for up to 3 days in the fridge. 


Memories:
When I was little we had big garden and we had our own carrots and peas so there was no need for cans. The corn is something that I added to it, to make it more colorful. My Mom also would add parsnip and apple, so the carrots and parsnips would be boiled and then we would remove the skin and then dice it. The apple was added for a little bit of crunch, and She also put some diced cucumber. 

This recipe is one of those that you can make it your own, add different things and be creative.


No comments:

Post a Comment