Thursday, March 17, 2016

Crepes.



Crepes are favorite snack around here, I make them often because they are great snack on the go but yesterday they were part of a dinner. 

You will need:

Milk,
1 egg
Vanilla sugar
Flour
Butter for frying 

I learned to make this without any measurements, the dough has to be like pancake butter but not so thick. You have to be able to move the butter easily on the pan.


Make sure your pan is really hot and work fast; they don’t need long time on the heat and I open all my windows and the door to my balcony because the melting butter will make lots of smoke. 



The first time I made them it was a disaster I end up with 2 good crepes and about 20 destroyed ones but it was a learning experience. Now I can make about 30 crepes in 10 minutes using two pans at the same time.


For the filling I use jams and sometimes cottage cheese mixed with little bit of vanilla sugar, cinnamon and sour cream. I buy moist cheese so it’s easy to mix it and it tasted better.







There is also another filling that I love in crepes but for that you have to wait until after Easter.


1 comment: