Monday, August 28, 2017

Peaches.

This weekend I made some peach jams, two ways. One was from a recipe from a book that called for 5 cups of sugar, which I think is way to much so I reduced it to 3 cups and the jam tastes much better, (I don't like anything really sweet). The second one I made my own way, like I do all my jams using special pectin that calls for 1kg of fruit and 350g of sugar. It is less sugar and you actually taste the fruit, but problem with this one is that it works well only with dark fruit and with light ones, after while, the jam turns brownish colour. So to prevent that I processed the jams in boiling water, which I never do with the dark fruits, I just put really hot jam into really hot jars and turn it up side down. You can see the difference in the colour of the jam, the one with more sugar is brighter.   




 

1 comment:

  1. Your jams are pretty! I made peach cobbler yesterday (peaches from a grocery store can) and it was so good. We had not had it in awhile, and it went away quickly. ha!

    ReplyDelete