Monday, January 22, 2018

New challenge.

Last week I payed close attention to our shopping habits and  to how much garbage we produce and that made me decide to start a new challenge. I will go zero waste. It will be hard at times and definitely a slow process. For a family of four we make way too much garbage but that is mostly  because of the way we shop. When I go to a grocery store 90 % of what I buy is packaged and most of that packaging is not recyclable. I already use my own bags for fresh fruits and veggies but now I want to avoid any product that I get in packaging but can get in my local bulk store using my own bags. To get me started I got some fabric and made more bags and I also made a big shopping bag for my trips to the farmers market. For now my focus is on kitchen and then I will slowly go thru everything in my house, meanwhile I make notes when I see something that can be changed. This week I will go for my fist bulk shopping.







   

3 comments:

  1. Your bags are really cute, I'll bet the cashiers will be envious! I agree that we all generate way too much waste. I'm amazed how quickly my husband and I can fill a garbage can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bags, so thrifty and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We make too much garbage too. So much at the stores near me comes prepackaged in plastic which I can't recycle either. I have been trying to repurpose some items, but you can only do that so much. Good luck on your challenge.

    Cindy D

    ReplyDelete